Shipping and Delivery
FREE UK SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER £70*
Who do we ship with?
We use myHermes and DPD and occasionally other providers for overseas shipments.
They deliver Monday-Friday, and Saturday and Sunday delivery is available for an additional cost at checkout.
How long will it take?
We aim to dispatch all goods received before 2pm on the same day delivery within 1-3 working days (Mon-Fri). All orders received after 2pm are dispatched the next working day.
Premium Delivery Services
Pre-10:30 and Pre-12 delivery
Orders must be placed before 2pm to be dispatched the same day for delivery the next day. If an order is placed after 2pm, the order will be dispatched the following working day.
Orders must be placed before 2pm Friday to be dispatched for Saturday delivery. If an order is placed after this time, it will be dispatched for delivery the following Saturday.
Orders must be placed before 2pm Friday to be dispatched for Sunday delivery. If an order is placed after this time, it will be dispatched for delivery the following Sunday.
There are some exceptions to this. Please refer to the product page for product specific delivery schedules.
You will be notified who your parcel has been sent with via email, with a link to track your order. If your order has not arrived within the above time frame, please check the tracking link sent to you in your Dispatch Confirmation email for an update regarding your delivery. Please note, due to the volume of orders being dispatched, we are unable to individually track every order as it leaves our warehouse, however, if there is an issue with tracking or delivery, we are of course, happy to help.
Delivery times should be used as an estimated guide and begin from the date of dispatch. The Modern Nursery cannot be held responsible for any delays caused by customs clearance for international orders. Delivery outside of the UK normally takes between 7-20 working days depending on the country, although due to current COVID restrictions there may be additional delays, which will vary country to country.
Taxes and Duties
Taxes and duties are calculated according to your shopping destination once your order has reached the relevant customs department for the delivery country. Local VAT may apply to orders outside of the United Kingdom. Please be aware that these charges are the responsibility of the customer.
PRE-ORDER - If an item is listed as PRE-ORDER on the product page, you are ordering it ahead of receipt of the goods to our warehouse. As soon as we receive the pre-order item, we will dispatch your whole order to you. You must check the estimated delivery in the product details before purchasing. Please note, occasionally there can be a delay to the estimated arrival date.
• *Free UK Shipping on orders over £70 is only applicable to mainland UK excluding areas classed as Highlands and Islands by our courier and excludes Oliver Furniture furniture range, shipping for this will be calculated at the checkout.
• Rest of world orders require a signature upon receipt so please ensure that someone will be there to sign for the package.
• We need a telephone number for all International orders and cannot ship without.
• We are unable to redirect orders once items have been dispatched. Please ensure the delivery address it correct before making payment. We are unable to take responsibility for a parcel going missing or being returned to our warehouse due to the incorrect information being provided at the check out.
• Please be aware that the above delivery times do not take into account possible delays caused by payment authorisation.
• An email containing a link to track your order will be received once your order is dispatched. It is the customers responsibility to use this to track the progress of their parcel and make themselves available at the time of delivery.
• If a delivery is unsuccessful and the parcel is returned to a delivery depot, it is the customers responsibility to collect the parcel before it is returned to our warehouse. The tracking link sent will update informing you of your orders location and options that to have regarding re-delivery and/or collection.
• Please note that if an order is returned by the courier due to no one being present at the time of delivery and/or a failed collection, you the customer are responsible for the cost of return shipping. For UK DPD delivery, the charge for this service is £16. Other courier charges may vary.
• The cost of shipping an order again, after it is returned to us, is the responsibility of the customer. If the order is cancelled by the customer once it has been returned by the courier, the cost of the products will be refunded ONLY, minus the return to sender charge if applicable.
Unfortunately, we have had to put a limitation on which countries we can ship to, the below lists all countries that we cannot currently ship to. If you are unable to proceed through the checkout, please contact our Customer Service team who may be able to obtain a shipping quote for you.