Hi. I am Laura, Mama to Alba, creator of this blog and founder of The Modern Nursery. You have rarely seen my face on here, infact I have shown it just once before. Here are 20 things about me.
1. I have 7 brothers and no sisters
2. I kept my “girl’s name” Alba secret to everyone except my husband for 7 years, it came from my favourite book “The Time Traveller’s Wife"
3. I met my husband on my first day of University aged 19
4. We got married at Westminster Abbey
5. We lived in Shoreditch for 7 years and I used to spend all my money on clothes and going out, I now spend it all on interiors, clothes for Alba and staying in
6. I put on 3 stone when I was pregnant with Alba
7. I laboured in a birthing pool but she got a bit stuck so I ended up having her on a glamorous birthing stool with no pain relief, not even gas and air because they took it away. It really hurt
8. We sing to Alba an obscene amount of the day, I am pretty sure she will sing the lyrics to Justin Bieber before she crawls
9. I love thai food and Thailand is my favourite place in the world
10. Alba has a playmat, a baby gym, a rocker, a bouncer, a walker and a jumperoo, the level of paraphernalia is embarrassing
11. I came up with the idea for The Modern Nursery trying to find contemporary items for Alba’s nursery spending HOURS on Pinterest and an obscene amount of money shipping items from Australia
12. I am a little bit obsessed with social media
13. I love a hashtag
14. I buy coffee every day and if I don’t, I think about it until I do
15. I make a weird clicky noise with my tongue when I’m annoyed
16. One of my favourite holidays was to Gran Canaria in 2008 before we had any money, I just remember being really really happy
17. I love red wine
18. I don’t like cake
19. When I was pregnant I watched all 236 episodes of Friends, series 1-10, it took 4 months and was incredible
20. I love red lipstick but can’t wear it anymore as I kiss Alba on the face about 25 times an hour
Comments will be approved before showing up.